Thursday, December 11, 2008

Teething and More Shots

This week has been rough. Hannah's started teething, which is not exactly fun. She's clearly in pain, but when she's taken some Tylenol, she's happy. She's been drooling like crazy, trying to gum her fist and pacifier (or whatever else she can get in her mouth), had a runny nose (still), and isn't sleeping well. I also think she's going through a growth spurt at the same time because she's constantly eating, is cranky, and is acting very similarly to her growth spurt at 6 weeks. Needless to say, it's been a trying week. It's been tough because she's been off her sleeping routine since we went home for Thanksgiving. And I believe that pattern is going to continue since we'll be heading home for Christmas next weekend. Yay.

To make it even better, I have to take her back to the doctor to get her other 2 shots that she didn't get last month. I've already cried once tonight thinking about it........ I am really not looking forward to it. She was so upset last time (so was I). Hopefully it'll get easier as the process goes along. My friend Darlene is going to come with me to the doctor's office tomorrow because I don't want to go by myself again.

Sorry this post is rather depressing. I'm sad about tomorrow. Next time should be a bit more cheery...

No comments: