Thursday, March 12, 2009

6-Month Check-Up

Well, we had our 6-month check-up visit yesterday, and Hannah's doing really well! She weighed in at a whopping 14 lbs, 5 oz (25%) and is 25 1/2" long (48%). Her head is in the 42nd percentile. So, moral of the story is that she's average height and skinny. Our doctor was SO pleased with how she's doing. He said she's hitting every developmental milestone, so she's right on time. I always thought she might be a little behind because she was born 3 weeks early, but evidently not. So, way to go Hannah!

The nurse that took her vitals was so funny--Hannah is somewhat of a social butterfly, and the nurse said, "You're gonna have to lock her up!" I would agree. Hannah especially loves other babies (and herself in the mirror). While she was laying on the little examination table, she kept trying to crinkle and eat the paper she was laying on. She does that in the nursery at church--she always tries to eat the paper on the changing table. I ended up having to tear the paper off the roll so that she wouldn't ruin anymore than she had to. She soaked and crinkled that whole roll of paper and was flailing it around in the air. Pretty hilarious. :)

She also has a new thing for Gypsy.... anytime she's close by, Hannah tries to grab her face. Not a good idea. I'm waiting for Gypsy to actually bite her... which of course I hope doesn't happen, but it won't surprise me when it does. I wonder how long it'll take Hannah to learn what "gentle" means, and how to actually pet her without ripping the fur out of her skin.

Also, I didn't know that 6-month olds could throw fits. Evidently so. There have been a few instances where Hannah gets angry and cries either when she drops a toy or I take something from her. Every time it happens, I always say something to the effect of, "Unfortunately, you were born to the wrong parents to be throwing a fit about something like that. Drop it." I know, it sounds mean, but we're not going to tolerate that--even if she is only 6 months old. Gotta teach 'em early. :)

Alrighty--have a great weekend! Stay warm and dry!

No comments: