Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday and Closing

So, Hannah's birthday was on the 5th of September.... I know.... a while ago, but I'm just now getting an opportunity to upload some pictures. Both sets of her grandparents came up for the day, which was awesome! And, Abigail, David, and Ava came as well to see their little niece. We also had a few friends from town come... Tim, Jim, Craig, and Kim and their new little girl Camryn. It was a lot of fun and very nice to see everyone. Hannah got some great presents that have been keeping her very busy. :) Below is her cake:


It was an icecream cake, so she didn't have much of a chance to get messy. Sorry. :)


Daniel and Ava:


Ava and Hannah playing with one of her new presents... a Little People house. She loves this thing!


The birthday girl, again in her high chair, with not much of a mess. She's trying to figure out how to feed herself with a spoon.



With regard to more Hannah updates, she now crawls over to the window whenever someone leaves, peers up over the top, and waves goodbye. Very cute. She did her best to sound out the words "monkey" and "chicken" the other day. She got the first syllable of each word out, so I think that's good enough for now. Her first lateral incisor has broken through, so I'm just waiting for the other one on the bottom to poke out. At her well baby check-up, the doctor said that he could see her molars bulging, so he figured those would be in within a month or two. Grrreeeeat. The teething never stops. Hannah is getting very good at figuring out how to get down the stairs, and she's becoming a pro at cruising. I do believe she'll be walking fairly soon, for better or for worse. :) We also got her a forward-facing car seat, which she seems to like more than the infant carrier.

Daniel and I close on our house TOMORROW!!!!! Ahhh I can't believe it. Seven months in the making, and we're finally here! Praise the Lord!

On another note, we're starting Hannah on cloth diapers very soon. I've ordered a few BumGenius diapers, and some other kind off ebay, which I am very excited about. Cloth diapers have come a looooooong way in the last 20 years. I am hoping that Hannah will potty train quickly with these bad boys, whenever it comes time for that. Plus, it just makes me sick to my stomach when I think about how many disposables we go through in a week and that it just sits in a landfill somewhere. Yuck. I shall keep you posted on how the cloth diapering goes.

That is all for now! Hopefully we'll have some pictures to post of our new house and its progress soon!

No comments: