Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update!

Welp, it's been a while. Sorry!

First, and biggest news! Daniel got to feel the baby kick for the first time last night. Very cool. :) He was pretty excited about it. Like.... it was the most exciting thing in the last year. So that was very neat. Right before we were going to go to sleep, he asked me if the baby was moving around at all, and I said, "No.. I think it's asleep." So he put his mouth right on my belly and said, loudly, "WAKE UP!!!!!!" And then..... I think he startled the baby, cuz it started moving! So, I had Daniel put his hand where I normally feel movement and push in pretty hard, and we felt movement. So now, it's definitely a reality for Daniel--there's actually something alive and moving around inside my tummy!

Speaking of tummy's.... I was at Curves the other day working out and one of the ladies asked how far along I was, and I told her I was 20 weeks. And she goes, "REALLY?! You just look like you ate a big lunch!" I thought that was pretty cute. I definitely have a bit more of a belly now though. It's like in the past 3 days I've started to poke out considerably more than before. I remember my doctor telling me that between weeks 20 and 30 is when your body really figures out it's pregnant and starts adjusting to it moreso than before, so maybe that's why?

In other news, I helped the drama dept. at Daniel's school this past weekend with their musical, Into the Woods. If you've never seen this musical, let me just say that it's probably one of the toughest musicals I have ever seen. Musically. It's SO rhythmically difficult. And the sad thing was that the chorus teacher at the school told the drama teacher that he wasn't going to help with the musical, so the students had been rehearsing for 3 months for this performance without any real musical help (?!!). So I get in there as a last-minute arrangement 2 weeks before opening night, and it was a nightmare... complete nightmare. Originally I was just supposed to play piano for them, but there was no way I could learn all the music and help them learn their parts at the same time. So I bought an accompaniment CD with most of the music on it, edited it, and that's what we used for the performance. In 2 weeks, the kids did an AMAZING job pulling everything together. I can't tell you how proud of them I am! They pulled it together and it was a totally different show this past weekend than when I first got to rehearsal 2 weeks before. If you aren't familiar with the musical, I encourage you to go onto You Tube and look it up... watch clips from the song "Your Fault." You'll see. :)

I've picked out crib bedding! Here's what I want to get for a girl and here's what I want to get for a boy. We'll find out 2 weeks from today if we're having a boy or a girl, so I can't wait! Once we figure that out, I'll register. So, any of you who have babies, please send me suggestions of things I should definitely register for! Cuz.... I have no idea :) Oh, and if it helps, I plan to breastfeed.

Daniel will take some pictures of my belly this weekend and I'll post them on Facebook, so we can keep up with the growth. Hope you have a great night!!!

No comments: