Wednesday, July 30, 2008

8 Weeks Left!

I can't believe it--I will have a precious little one in about 2 months!  Wow.... this pregnancy has gone by SO fast.  I am getting more and more excited each day--I'm sure by the time delivery gets here, I'm going to be about to jump out of my skin. :)

And for those of you that are dying to ask (I've gotten this question many times already), no, I'm not ready for her to come out and have this pregnancy over with yet.  She still needs to develop for a few more weeks, and THEN I'll be ready for her grand entrance.  But, the reality is that I haven't been uncomfortable hardly at all.  Sure, my belly gets in the way of things sometimes (such as painting my toenails), but it's not over-bearing or all-consuming by any stretch of the means.  Sleeping isn't uncomfortable yet--I just wish we had a bigger bed so that my pillows wouldn't get in Daniel's space when I'm on my left side.... and then maybe my cat wouldn't take up half of my side of the bed.  The only perpetual issues I have are being tired all the time and heartburn about 2 hours after I eat.  But!  I'm finding that a Tums a day keeps the heartburn away.

I have one more shower on Saturday, August 30th.  There are only a few more things that I really need (including LOTS of diapers), and some winter clothes.  If I get a whole lot of stuff, I have no idea where I'm going to put it!!  So, if you're reading this and are wondering what we need, know that we need diapers!!  Oh, and there's this sling at Target that I want to make sure I get, but I think it's going to have to be ordered online because they never have the right pattern in the store.

I'm going to have Daniel take a belly picture this weekend, so that  you can see Hannah's outward progress. Daniel got to feel her kicking up a storm yesterday, which was neat because it's so rare that she moves that much.  She's an otherwise very calm, tranquil baby.  She squirms  enough to let you know she's alive and well, but isn't a rambunctious soccer player or anything like that.

Okay, well, have a great evening!

No comments: