Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hospital Tour

Okay... I don't have much time, but I wanted to fill you guys in on our tour of the labor and delivery unit of the hospital we'll be in.

So, can we say 5-star hotel??? I so wish I had pictures to show you. Each delivery room has hardwood floors, crown molding lining the vaulted ceilings, recessed lighting all on dimmers, private bathrooms with jacuzzi bathtubs/showers, and the rooms are pretty large. There's either a lazy boy for dad or a fold out bed, plus a rocking chair. It looks beautiful. They were saying that they remodeled this particular unit about 8 years ago, and you can definitely tell!

I was also impressed with the security measures they have in place to protect your family. Really, it's a great hospital. The nurses are awesome, very helpful, and they all seem to really love their unit. One of the managerial nurses goes to my church, so if she's working that day, I'll have to request her. :)

The recovery rooms weren't quite as impressive as the delivery rooms, but I guess having super-nice delivery rooms gets the point across that they really care about your delivery and want you to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible. They start counting your admissions from the time of delivery, and we'll stay anywhere from 24 - 48 hours. When we were touring yesterday, there was a baby that had just been born about an hour before in the nursery, and the dad was standing next to her with this huge smile plastered on his face... he looked like such a goober, but it was cute. :) They were measuring her and doing some other things (she had been born via cesarean), and I don't think he was allowed to hold her since he didn't have gloves on, so he was just standing there staring at her. Very cute.

Well, off to Jazzercise I go, but I just wanted to let you all know about our tour! It was awesome! So as long as Hannah isn't more than 6 weeks early, we'll be able to deliver there--if she's any earlier, they'll put me in the U.Va. hospital so she can be in the NICU. Have a great day! And Happy Anniversary Keagan and Laura!

1 comment:

Steve - ShapingWorship.com said...

Hi Calie. I found you on blogger under "Worship Pastor." My name is Steve. My wife just gave birth to our first son, Simon. I thought you might be interested in this free worship resource I made... www.ShapingWorship.com