Monday, July 7, 2008

Major Update

Man.... I am not very good at updating this thing.  Okay, so Daniel and I have been SUPER busy!!  Man.... we're finally just getting a little breathing room this week, and then we're off and on the road yet again.

Okay, so we went to Cancun with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law.  We had a great time!  I don't get to see my bro and sis very often, so I always cherish those times that I get to spend with them.  I know I promised pictures, but all the good ones are on my mom's computer at home.  Hopefully we can get some posted soon.

Thennnn we came home and then Daniel got a KIDNEY STONE!!!!!!!  I thought only people in their 40's and 50's got those things!  Evidently not... Daniel learned through the whole process that dehydration is the main culprit for kidney stones, so you can bet that he's drinking a ton of water these days :)  He passed the kidney stone a few days after it dropped into his bladder, so everything's back to normal.  It was quite an experience though, I must say.  From what I hear, it's comparable to childbirth (as far as the pain goes), but I prefer not to think of  childbirth as pain. :)  

Then we headed to Va Beach for a baby shower.  Daniel's mom, sister, and friend put on an AWESOME shower for me--they really did a fantastic job.  It was perfect!  Not to mention I got all kinds of cool stuff!  (so much that we couldn't fit it all in my car on the trip home...)  So things are really starting to come together in our nursery!  It's amazing how much stuff you need (and how expensive it all is).  So, Donna, Abby, Megan, and Millie (and anyone else I'm not naming), thank you!

We've officially hired our new youth pastor at cfa--woohoo!  I really think he's going to be great, and his wife is awesome too.  Daniel and I really like both of them, and the kids seem to like them a whole lot as well.  I am very happy about this new addition to our staff. :)  

Yesterday, Mary and Megan put on a shower for me with some of my Cville/U.Va. friends.  It was nice and intimate, which I definitely appreciated.  And again, got lots of cute (and very useful) stuff!  The games were especially fun :)  So Mary and Megan--thank you, too!!  Can't wait for this baby to be born so you all can see the fruit of all this hard work of preparation.  She is going to be SO loved and SO blessed.

Umm........ Well, I don't feel like typing anymore, so I'm going to stop now.  Hope you guys are doing well!!

No comments: