Monday, November 10, 2008

Big Day

Today was a big day--a bittersweet one for Ms. Hannah.

We went to the doctor for her 2 month well-baby check-up. She was a little over 9 1/2 pounds and was 22 1/2 inches long! So she gained 3 pounds and grew 3 inches in the last month--wow! She went from being below the 5th percentile in height and weight to being in the 50th for height and 25th for weight. Way to go, girl! She's very healthy, very alert, and our doctor was very pleased with how she's doing.

She was scheduled to get 4 vaccines today, but I only opted for 2. She got DTaP and HiB. My heart broke into a million pieces when those needles got stuck into her thighs.... I cried. I had never heard her cry quite like that. It was really really sad. She's been really sleepy and weepy for the rest of the day. I can imagine--rough afternoon! I'm tired too.... I think it was pretty rough on me as well.

As a "reward" for how well she did with her shots (because she totally understands that concept now...), Daniel and I went out to get her a bumbo chair! Yay! Below is a little video Daniel shot with my phone--very cute. :)

In other news, Daniel passed his sickness on to me--thanks, bud. I've since lost my voice, which is really stinky because I'm supposed to lead worship at an all-campus worship night at U.Va. on Wednesday evening. Thankfully, I only have a few songs that I'll be singing. But, it never proves to fail: every semester I lose my voice the week of Seek. Go figure. Be praying for that, though! I am anticipating that God's going to do some really neat things on Wednesday night and beyond.

Hannah has been sleeping 5 hours for her first stretch at night pretty consistently now. I haven't decided if I like that yet :) I find that I'm more tired when she does that, because she doesn't sleep as well once she wakes up from that first stretch of sleep. Oh well--that means we're on to bigger and better sleep stretches!

Welp, enjoy this little video of Hannah in her bumbo chair!


No comments: