Friday, October 3, 2008

Major Update

Wow! Sorry for being so bad at updating this last week and a half. I haven't really been motivated to update because we can't get any pictures off our camera. So, updating isn't quite as exciting wtihout pictures. :)

Okay, so Daniel's mom came up this past Saturday and stayed until Tuesday. She was such a huge help around the house--cooking, doing laundry, keeping things organized, watching Hannah so I could get out and do a few things. I really appreciated having her here. Also, Daniel's sister and her husband and 18-month old came and visited on Saturday. It was very neat to see them! Ava is growing so fast! We have some cute pictures of her, so maybe when our picture-uploading capabilities are fixed I can post some.

Hannah went for her one-month appointment today. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks already!! She is now 6 lbs, 5 oz., and 19 1/8 inches long. So she's grown almost a half inch and has gained almost 1 1/2 pounds from her lowest weight measurement. She's still very petite, but doing well! Nights have been interesting. Either we have good nights where she is willing to go right back to sleep after eating, or we have terrible nights (like last night) where it's 3am and she isn't interested in going back to sleep at all. So last night I was up with her downstairs to keep her from waking Daniel up. Not fun. But, we're working on it. Thankfully we don't have that problem every night.

I also went for my post-partum check-up today. I only need to lose 6 more pounds to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo! Although, my doctor was like, "You know, I'd like to see you down to 125 pounds." My response? "Umm......... I haven't been that weight since I was in the eighth grade!" HAH!!! Very funny. But, I guess it's something worth shooting for. I really think the only way I could lose more than about 10 pounds would be running--and I HATE running. But I'm seriously thinking about it. We'll see. I'll also be starting this special birth control for breast-feeding moms. It's called POPs. It's only got progestin in it, as opposed to normal hormonal birth control pills. I'm kind of bummed, though, because I was on the NuvaRing before, which was awesome (cuz I didn't have to remember to take a pill at the same time every day). You just pop it in one day, take it out three weeks later, and then pop a new one in the next week. Easy. I'm not so good at taking medicine, so we'll see how this goes. My doctor said that my ability to remember to take the pills will depend on how badly I don't want to get pregnant. :) True, I guess.

Anything else? In breastfeeding progress, Hannah can now latch onto the left side without the shield, which is great! She still fights with the right side, so that'll probably take a bit longer, but that's okay. She doesn't always cooperate with the left side, but at least I know that she's more than capable.

Alrighty, you guys take care. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon!

No comments: