Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Evenings with Hannah

Hannah's growing fast! We have her sleeping in her crib at nights now, which has actually made way for more sleep on her part and on our part! She is also a tummy sleeper. I don't care what everyone says about SIDS risk factors--if a baby likes sleeping on their stomach, they should be able to sleep on their stomach and not be forced to sleep in a way that's not comfortable for them. Because if they're miserable, so are mom and dad.

In the evenings, Daniel and I bathe her sometime between 9:30 and 10:30, depending on when she's going to eat. Then, when she's ready to eat, I'll nurse her and then put her to bed. Then I go to bed too! That'll give me around 2 hours of sleep before her first middle-of-the-night feeding. I usually feed her two or three times in the middle of the night--always around 2 and 4:30, and sometimes there's a feeding before 2. All depends on what time she goes to bed and how much she ate. So, we're making progress!

Having my mom around for the last few days has been absolutely awesome. She's really helped me get on somewhat of a routine with Hannah, especially at night, which has been huge. It's amazing how much Daniel and I don't know about being parents of a newborn (really, there's not much we know about parenting in general). So she's been able to show me a lot about soothing Hannah, how to keep her occupied and happy during the day, and some little adjustments we can make with her to keep her content. So, thanks mom for all of your help!!!!

Mom and I went outside with Hannah for a little while today and I got some cute pictures of my little girl--too bad I can't upload any to show you. :) When I can, I will. Sorry that I can't right now! I'll update again when I have more to talk about!

No comments: