Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Few Firsts


There's our little beauty! Well, we've had a few firsts in the last 2 days or so, and I thought I'd share them with you. The first was our first official trip out of the house since being home. I didn't have many shirts that were conducive to nursing without having to take the entire thing off, so we went to Old Navy to see what kinds of things they had to offer. I got to use my sling for the first time, and it is awesome!!! It's going to take some practice getting Hannah in and out of there on my own--right now I really need Daniel's help. But she is so happy in there... I guess because she's bundled in very tightly and it reminds her of being in the womb. And of course, while in the store, we got lots of Oooohs and Aaahs over our little cutie. I do admit, she is pretty attractive. :) So, here's the sling in action! (This was our practice run before leaving the house)


My small group was having a social night out last night, so Hannah and I ventured to Cheeseburger in Paradise for dinner while Daniel went and hung out with his small group guys at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was nice to get out and see everyone. I got to meet a friend of one of the girls in my small group named Kelly--she was really neat to talk to. Hannah also did well.... she slept in the carseat the entire time, so that was easy.

Next, Daniel and I decided to give her a bath last night....... umm.... bad idea? She did NOT like that at all. I think it made her really cold. But Daniel did a great job with her. Once we dried her off and got her clothes back on, she was happy. I think it cost us our sleep for the night, though, because she was not at all interested in sleeping until about 7:00 this morning. You can see just how happy she was below :) Again, once she was dry and clothed, she was happy. The last picture is Daniel with her once she was back to normal and the traumatic experience was over.



I also have to mention that Hannah HATES getting her diaper changed (Daniel's in the middle of changing a poopy diaper).... I don't think it's the actual changing of the diaper that she doesn't like. I think it's the removal of her clothes that makes her cold that she hates. Because once you put her clothes back on and she feels that body heat again, she's happy as she was before. Because she's so small, we dress her in a onesie, with a sleeper over top of that, swaddled in a blanket, with a hat. We have to make sure that we keep her body temperature up. So I think when it's diaper time, she gets super cold--and who likes that anyway?

We go to the doctor for our first visit tomorrow, and I'll let you all know how that goes. Hopefully she's gaining weight and staying healthy. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: